Re: [linux-audio-user] nvidia drivers

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] nvidia drivers
From: Jan Depner (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 22:38:30 EET

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 13:52, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 02:35 -0600, Jan Depner wrote:
> > We've been using the NVIDIA cards and drivers at work on our smp and
> > non-smp systems (all dual monitor) for a couple of years. There is
> > still an insidious little bug somewhere in the driver that only shows up
> > on smp systems that causes the behavior that you are experiencing. We
> > only see it about once a month though and our systems are up 24/7. We
> > don't have any problems with non-smp systems.
>
> Actually, my system is a single-CPU AthlonXP 2600+ running Fedora Core 3
> (distribution-provided kernel and all).

Interesting. My home system is an Athlon 1700+ running FC1/Planet
kernel with NVIDIA card and NVIDIA driver. It is also up 24/7 and I
never have a single problem with the graphics/video. When running
Ardour I do kick the NVIDIA PCI latency timer down to 32 instead of the
default (from the driver) 248.

Jan