[linux-audio-user] NMI 34 From Delta 1010 Causes Reboot

Subject: [linux-audio-user] NMI 34 From Delta 1010 Causes Reboot
From: David L. Craig (dlc_AT_radix.net)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 01:55:41 EET

I'm scratching my head about where to go next with a
problem I'm having with my Delta 1010 on my IBM Netfinity
dual Xeon box. I'm runniing DeMuDi 1.2.0 with the 2.4
kernel. The kernel hiccups on an NMI reason code 34 and
reboots. The PowerPC hypervisor records a SERR event
from the 1712 device with status 4210. M-Audio tech
support says they won't support the card since it's
under Linux, not even to let me know if the hardware or
software is at fault. They say go to alsa-project.org.
I think angula.org should be the next stop but their
web server seems to be out of service. Any ideas will
be greatly appreciated.

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was. You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then. Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_ by Asimov/Silverberg