[linux-audio-user] what about creating a wiki website to submit "soundcard experiences"

Subject: [linux-audio-user] what about creating a wiki website to submit "soundcard experiences"
From: MarC (marc_contrib_AT_ramonvinyes.es)
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 12:06:47 EET

what about creating a wiki website to submit "soundcard experiences"?

I think it would be a good idea, http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc is
a good page to see if your hardware is supported (I suppose evrybody
uses alsa) but I would like also to know user opinions of each card:
What I want to say is that one card can be supported by alsa but the
whole setup is easier for some ones and in some cards there are more
useful utilities around the driver than in other ones. This should be
posted somewhere.
On the other hand we could also post our "most used jackd
configurations" for each card, concrete issues to install more
functionalities for the card (for instance, the soundfonts for the
audigy), we could sum up there the usual messages asking for soundcard
advice in the LAU, we could show the manufacturers how many people are
interested on having a linux driver in some cards (just to help them set
priorities), etc. At least, this could be useful for the current RME
discussion...

I don't have the time to mantain a static site (anybody has it, I
think), but it seems to me that a Wiki could be maintained by little
contributions of all of us.
any suggestions about where to put this wiki? maybe at agnula.org?
linuxdj.com?

what do you think about all this?