[linux-audio-user] midi and "sequencer" question

Subject: [linux-audio-user] midi and "sequencer" question
From: Zachris Trolin (zachris_AT_phreaker.net)
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 13:15:24 EET

Hello all, I've got a question regarding MIDI and sequencing in linux.

How can I record a "bulk dump" from a drum-machine/synth in Linux?

I have tried Muse which just doesn't work, can't even specify what
channel to listen to! I'm lost and it's really frustrating.

MIDI isn't my strong side (or even interest) but I have been able to
record both regular MIDI notes on a specified channel in Pro Tools on
the Mac and also record a bulk-dump of all the settings. How to do it in
linux? It should be basic stuff...

Any tips and suggestions are very welcome /thanks z