Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Cultural differences [Wandering OT]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Cultural differences [Wandering OT]
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 05:27:25 EET

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:22:24 +0000, tim hall
<tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk> wrote:
> Last Monday 29 November 2004 00:11, Mark Knecht was like:

> > Before I get flamed, I do understand tht the US got
> > it's hed handed to it on a platter in the 1980's by the Japanese, what
> > with cars and semiconductors, and it probably will have many more of
> > these experiences in the future. That said, I'm guessing you'd agree
> > that you're better off having the vote even on that side of the pond?
> > ;-)
>
> Well, yeah, over here the political parties even have different colours!
> Although it has to be said that voting only encourages them. ;-]

I don't think it's voting as much as a parliamentary system that
encourages them. I'm glad we don't have to deal with the side effects
of that.

I do appreciate how available your Prime Minister is available to you
though. Far better than our President who shows up only once a year.
(Actually, considering who our Prez is maybe that's for the best right
now...)

- Mark