Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME is no more

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME is no more
From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.stanford.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 03:14:48 EET

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 17:30, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 04:10, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 04:22, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> > > You guys think i'm a fool, but i'm a believer.
> >
> > Nope, I don't think so (to the fool part, of course).
> >
> > It is the method you seem to choose I disagree with. Apparently you want
> > to turn this into some kind of war (and you want all of us in it, with
> > no disagreement, right).
>
> What??

Sigh, have I misunderstood the whole thing?

So far, unless I have missed something (too much email to follow so it
is possible), you think that hate filled posts and/or verbal abuse in
abundance will create the change we are seeking - which is more
companies releasing the specs needed to create drivers for audio cards
under linux. Is that more or less correct?

And you don't believe that the person or persons that run a company (big
or small) should choose what operating system or systems to support for
their hardware. Correct?

I would like to know if I'm completely missing the point before going
any further (I just erased a bunch of other stuff I wrote, no point in
sending it).

-- Fernando