Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Subject: Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]
From: Michael T Nelson (m_nels_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 13:49:10 EET

Michal Kostrzewa wrote:

> I'm reverse engineering a PCI driver for sound interface now (I've
>
>discovered basic data exchange with the card and card initialization
>code for now).

Just out of interest, what card are you reverse engineering?

I have a Guillemot Maxi Sound ISIS which I'd be very interested in
finding ALSA drivers for. The card is unsupported, and only has Windows
98 drivers. I did subscribe to a list involved in working on the driver,
but have lost the relevant URL, and didn't hear any more. As a graduate
of "Electronic Engineering with Music Technology", do you think I could
make any progress myself? Where might I start?

I probably won't find time - I'm driving around a lot for my boss at the
moment, and need to spend time (and money!) working on my car too. The
lack of time and money is also what drives my desire to get the card
working under Linux. If I had more money, I'd just buy some RME hardware...

Cheers
Michael Nelson