Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more
From: Tim Blechmann (TimBlechmann_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 02:41:16 EET

> > > I kind of got the impression that the annoucement was just
> > > pertaining to RME *Firewire* audio interfaces.
>
> Consider that they have released some specs for their HDSP hammerfall
> series, which uses a *proprietary* firewire protocol and that their
> latest PC products were based on IEEE1394 except one or two PCI based
> cards.
that's not a point, since from the driver point of view, the hdsp is an
ordinary pci device ... so they probably didn't release their firefire
protocol ...

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann_AT_gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." William S. Burroughs