[linux-audio-user] Re: Linux/Protools

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Linux/Protools
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 02:35:49 EET

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 09:19:58 -0500, Andres Cabrera
<andres_AT_geminiflux.com> wrote:
> Hi
> > You cannot use their hardware with
> > Nuendo, Cubase, or anything else.
>
> Actually I think you can if you install their supplied ASIO drivers. I
> guess they had to feel some pressure before budging...
>
> Andrés

Andreas,
   Actually, I was wrong earlier. It looks promising:

Digidesign ASIO Driver 6.1.1
For Pro Tools LE 6.1.1 Systems on Windows XP

Pro Tools LE Systems

The Digidesign ASIO Driver is a multichannel, multimedia sound driver
that allows third-party audio programs which support the ASIO standard
to record and play back through the following Digidesign hardware on
Windows XP Professional or Home with Pro Tools LE 6.1.1 installed:

    * Digi 002
    * Digi 002 Rack
    * Digi 001
    * Mbox
    * AudioMedia III

The Digidesign ASIO Driver 6.1.1 can also be used as a stand-alone
driver (without any Pro Tools software installed), with the above
Digidesign hardware.

If you have Pro Tools LE 6.4 or 6.7 software installed, you should use
the ASIO driver that can be installed as an option during Pro Tools LE
installation.

Features

Full-duplex recording and playback of 24-bit audio is supported at
sample rates up to 96 kHz, depending on your Digidesign hardware and
ASIO-compatible audio program.

The Digidesign ASIO Driver will provide up to 18 channels of I/O
depending on your Pro Tools hardware:

    * Up to 18 channels of I/O with Digi 002 and Digi 002 Rack (or 18
in and 16 out with S/PDIF Mirroring enabled)
    * Up to 18 channels of I/O with Digi 001 (or 18 in and 16 out with
S/PDIF Mirroring enabled)
    * Up to 2 channels of I/O with Mbox and Audiomedia III systems