Re: [linux-audio-user] newbie trying to record

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] newbie trying to record
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad_AT_laymusic.org)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 00:00:50 EET

>> Since most of the noobs to linux are comming from a windows
>> background, wouldn't it help if the mixer app was modeled after
>> the mixer app used for these cards / chips on windows? i.e. no
>> learning curve. (maybe it already is, I've tried to stay away
>> from them)

    Lee> Yes but this is harder than you think and requires time and a
    Lee> lot of work.

And still wouldn't help those of us who've never used the Windows
mixer.

Does anyone know of an SBLive explanation anywhere? Attached is the
amixer output:

I understand how to use amixer to change any one of those 300+ lines,
but which one do I change to use the microphone, or to play the MIDI?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad_AT_laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011