Re: [linux-audio-user] Mastering deck mix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Mastering deck mix
From: Ernie Dulanowsky (ernst.pulsewidth_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 09:22:38 EET

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:40:30 -0800, Robert Persson
<ireneshusband_AT_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 02 December 2004 17:26, tim hall wrote:
>

> IMO there is a place for a simple recording utility that works with jack.
<<snip - snip>>
> For what I needed to do this evening I would have used kRecord if it
> worked with Jack. Something simple that works (unlike me - I am both
> intensely cerebral and unemployed).

 What about JACK Time Machine ?
http://plugin.org.uk/timemachine/
If you needed to pre-process, you could use JACK-Rack or Ecamegapedal.
It can record up to eight channels.
It's meant to be a scratchpad type of thing, so it might be good for
spontaneous live
recordings and such. I use it to record sessions of messing with softsynths.
It is indeed something simple that works

Best,
ernie

--
"Both Rob and I see sound as shapes.