Re: [linux-audio-user] more music produced with Ardour and JAMin

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] more music produced with Ardour and JAMin
From: Florin Andrei (florin_AT_andrei.myip.org)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 07:40:44 EET

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 06:59 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> tim hall wrote:
>
> >This mix lacks space and transparency slightly maybe, but the music just
> >shines through :-)
> >
> Interesting how we all hear things differently. I liked the mix, it's
> "close" like a club... which tells me that I've spent 'way too much of
> my life in night-clubs...

<nod>

Yes, it's bass-heavy and "cottony" :-) and obviously has no reverb, etc.
Just like a live recording, dry, punchy and in-your-face. I think it's
appropriate for this kind of music. Cool anyway!

Quite notable, on the Sennheiser cans it actually has quite a bit of
breathing room while on the Alesis monitors it's much more closed. This
is one of the mixes that sound very different on my two main listening
tools.
I would suspect that adding just a droplet of reverb (turn the reverb
down until you can't hear the tails, then turn it a bit more) would open
it up on pretty much any speaker, but that's just a wild guess.
Or just leave it as is. :-) Being an electronica fan, i tend to be a
reverb freak.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/