Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit troubles

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit troubles
From: Andreas V. Meier (avmeier_AT_web.de)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 21:41:46 EET

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 08:24:30AM -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 12:58:26PM +0100, Andreas V. Meier wrote:
> > If you use noteedit and like it, please speak up and encourage the
> > author of noteedit to continue this nice program. Unfortunately he has
> > been a bit disappointed because he was not listed in some thread
> > beginning this year [1]. Nevertheless I think it is a great program.
>
> I really thought noteedit was starting to get good. The website
> throught me off at first. I put off trying it because of it for some
> reason. I am not a web designer or anything and I am sure people judge
> me by my site also. I was considering donating money after I tried it
> and realized how useful it is/was(?). I think it is important to
> donate to these projects that you find usefull. I am professional
> musician so when I get extra gigs I have a little extra cash that I
> can use to contribute.

In some cases it is even helpful to tell the authors how useful their
program and all the hours of work are which they put into their project.
Unfortunately, with software development this is the same as with cars
or anything. You only contact the manufacturer if something is broken.
It can disappoint if you only always hear bad things or at least nothing
good about your job. This also recently made one of our core developers in
ROCKLinux leave the project. I want to prevent this from happening
again.

Second thing is that software development and music are not natural
buddies, so most musicians using software in this field might not be
familiar with the 'usual' feedback channels ... at least not with free
software.

Well, let's hope this settles out, would be a nice thing for christmas
:)

Ciao

Andreas V. Meier