[linux-audio-user] Auto shifting start time of all segments in MIDIs; and track shifting

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Auto shifting start time of all segments in MIDIs; and track shifting
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 03:56:11 EET

Hello,

I have some MIDI files that are apparently all broken in the same way - all
the tracks start 1/16 of a measure later than they should. It's important
because they will be used for making score representation (in Finale).

I found a way to fix this in RG, by selecting all segments (clicking on each)
and adjusting the segment start time. (Forry if I'm using the wrong terms -
my RG is in the Russian locale...)

But I'd like to do this automatically to a hundred files, without doing the
numerous clicks for each of them. Is there a way?

Also, when I import a MIDI file in RG, set the start time, and export it, the
tracks get renumbered (what was #1 becomes #3), and some instrument IDs are
lost. Is there a way to fix this? I can provide a MIDI file for testing the
behavious, if anyone is interested.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik