Re: [linux-audio-user] MMWL site [was YAR (Yet Another Recording)]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MMWL site [was YAR (Yet Another Recording)]
From: Austin (aacton_AT_yorku.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 18:16:38 EET

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 09:02 -0700, Hans Fugal wrote:
> > Btw, I already have a "music made with Linux" section on the Linux
> > soundapps pages, perhaps you could either add to it or use it to start
> > your own list:
> >
> > http://linux-sound.org/music.html
>
> I think it's time for a dynamic collection of MMWL.
>
> I'm willing to do this, but don't have the disk/bandwidth to host the
> actual music. If someone out there does have the disk/bandwidth, let's
> talk. Otherwise it'll just contain URLs and metadata.
>
> If you have ideas for the site speak up.

My plan was to make a community site (using Drupal) where artists could
post a blurb about themselves and what gear and software they use. It
would be as much about self-promotion as linux software promotion.

My site could handle a fair bit of bandwidth... 20 GB per month would be
fine. You think we'd use more than that? If so, we could use something
like gnomoradio to distribute the music...

Austin