Re: [linux-audio-user] and here's another song

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] and here's another song
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 02:08:07 EET

--- John Check <j4strngs_AT_bitless.net> wrote:

> On Monday 06 December 2004 02:10 am, R Parker wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This song is mastered with JAMin but I can't
> recall if
> > it's mixed with Ardour. This is an Ezra Pound poem
> > that I wanted to do something with since reading
> it in
> > the early 1980's. It took about 20 years to get
> the
> > right chemistry.
> >
> > What I learned tonight. You know how Diet Coke
> foams
> > up in a glass. You get an inch of coke and eight
> > inches of foam. If you touch the side of yer nose
> with
> > your finger and then stick the digit into the
> foam, it
> > pops the bubbles.
> >
> > http://www.iaxs.net/~rparker/sestina.ogg
> >
> > Ron Parker
> > Mirror Image Studios
>
> -cough-zappa-cough-
>
> I hate you more every day Ron ;)

Who'd a thunk being hated could feel so good. :)

 BTW what do they
> call
> that spooky/goofy saw like sounding percussion FX
> thingy?

Hmmm, not sure which you're referring to. Is it the
old straw in the drum head trick or an electronic
thing? If electronic, it's probably John Berglund on
the guitar. Bergie is a master of guitar noise.

I'll post a straw in the drum head song later tonight.
It's a cool screeching sound.

After several minutes in the thinking room I know what
you're referring to. As you said, it's a percussion
instrument. Lico De Santos played the percussion but
for the life of me I can't remember the name. I'll see
Lico tomorrow and ask him about it. It is a great
sound and fit well into this song.

Wow, lots of new music to listen but so little time.
Thursday I'm gonna do some listening. I love it.
Thanks to everyone.

ron