Re: [linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux
From: Brad Fuller (brad_AT_sonaural.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 20:12:44 EET

________________________________
Hear us online: www.Sonaural.com
Brad Fuller
(408) 799-6124
** Sonaural Audio Studios **
(408) 799-6123 West San Jose
(408) 799-6124 Cambrian

Steve Harris wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 08:48:28AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>

>>I don't need convincing. I'm not against a wiki at all. I was, in
>>fact, quite impressed at the idea. However, what does it mean to be
>>managed? If that means Dave has to look at everything that his new
>>helpers do then it likely isn't going to save him much time.
>>

>Edits by anonymous users needs to be acked by someone, registered users
>edits go up immediatly IIUC. I think this is roughly how wikipedia works.

It's a great idea, but wiki's are prone to problems with people who just
want to screw up other's lives. I think it unfortunate that you would
have to require registration to an open-source project (I'm speaking
about linux audio that is, not your website.) But, I think you'd have to
resort to this.
But, since you are asking for volunteers, it seems a natural that you
could control the few who would edit. Thus, you would be using the
editing-ease of using a wiki, and controlling spam to some extent by
allowing only a few registered users.

See: http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?WikiSpam