Re: [linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 04:22:42 EET

Hans Fugal wrote:

>Dave, thanks for all your work over the years on the site!

Hi Hans: You're most welcome. I consider the site to be a small
repayment towards the efforts of Linux audio software developers
everywhere, they're the true heroes of our little revolution.

>I'm on a "just do it" kick lately so I hope nobody minds that I've set
>up just such a wiki to get us started. Dave understandably doesn't
>have the time or experience with wikis to bother with it, so I figured
>we should get one up and running and get the content moved over, and
>if it meets Dave's approval at that point it can be moved to his
>server(s), or some other more appropriate place.

Do wikis present any particular problems for servers hosting them ? I
ask because I don't own the servers that host the soundapps sites, and I
certainly would not want to risk losing the good will of the providers.
For those of you who don't know, Matt Probst maintains the US server,
the folks at ATNET in Austria host the European site, and Kenji Yasaka
provides the Japanese mirror. They have all donated the server space,
bless their heads, and I want to be sure I don't screw with their security.

>So pick a page and port it.
>
>http://hans.fugal.net:2500

As soon as I figure out how to work with it I'll try a port or two myself.

Thanks, Hans !

Best,

dp