Re: [linux-audio-user] a letter from ron parker

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] a letter from ron parker
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 21:13:58 EET

> >can't see beyound the issues that I run into. It's
> >just that I keep running into problems that are
> >intolerable to most guys like me (pro engineers).

to sort of take this another direction, what specifically ARE those issues
that you as a pro engineer find intolerable? I'm just curious to know where
my experience and yours match. I am also a pro engineer but I don't do
commercial recording really anymore - I'm using Ardour in my label's small
studio in my house, which is growing, and growing around Ardour - I pretty
much make it clear by always harping on it that I don't think it's ready for
commercial use - not that I'm not overjoyed by it - god the whole existance
of ardour and linux audio in general at all has taken my little project from
here to SUPERTHERE in a flash, it's just crazy

but anyway I'm curious what your issues are - I want to help with the
solving of them, and the only way I really can help right now is keep
bringing them up and sort of just discussing it however i can since my
programming skills aren't nearly where they'd need to be to contribute
code...

the contributers site does indeed mention you in a prominent fasion and says
you were one of the first initiators of MTC and MMC functionality - that's
my biggest crusade on Ardour - where are you on that? have you had any
successful sync experiences?