Re: [linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 12:59:57 EET

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:59:54 +0100, MarC wrote
> En/na Alexandre Prokoudine ha escrit:
>
> >On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:19:58 +0100, MarC <marc_contrib_AT_ramonvinyes.es> wrote:
> >

> >>I know many of you don't like registration but I really think it is the
> >>simplest way to avoid spam and graphities.
> >>

> >It will automatically decrease number of contributing people, no
> >matter how cool and sweet registration is itself.
> >
> >Alexandre
> >

> OK your opinion. I must say I have no personal reason to promote
> TWiki. It's the first time I use it, but it has worked fine for me
> to create the SoundCards page. Just to avoid some bad intepretations...
> I just say all this because a person who is too lazy to register,
> might also be too lazy to contribute and state his/her name in the page...

mediawiki (http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/) is the one that the wikipedia
uses, and looks the most flash and professional I think. It also deals with
all these registration and anti spamming issues I should think (not having
used it) this is important, otherwise you end up with wiki that looks like
this: http://projects.dorkbot.org/rd04/wiki/FrontPage

I also feel it's pertinent to shamelessly plug the pawfaliki at this point
too: http://www.pawfal.org/index.php?page=PawfalIki

cheers,

dave