Re: [linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux
From: Ruth A. Kramer (rhkramer_AT_fast.net)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 15:56:03 EET

Dave Robillard wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-10-12 at 10:19 +0100, MarC wrote:
> > I know many of you don't like registration but I really think it is the
> > simplest way to avoid spam and graphities.
>
> Why isn't Wikipedia full of spam? You don't need to register to
> contribute there.

I didn't recall that Wikipedia doesn't require registration, but that is
the wiki way (to not require registration) and depend on the community
of users to eliminate and remove "graffiti".

TWiki allows the possibility of registration, twiki.org (the home TWiki
site) effectively requires registration, and, by the good graces of
Peter Thoeny, WikiLearn is hosted as the Wikilearn web on twiki.org
(which in turn is hosted on SourceForge).

Registration can be an alternate to having a dedicated community of
users cleaning up graffiti.

regards,
Randy Kramer