Re: [linux-audio-user] How to resample from 44.1 to 48 kHz?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to resample from 44.1 to 48 kHz?
From: Arnold Krille (arnold_AT_roederberg.dyndns.org)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 02:09:42 EET

On Saturday 11 December 2004 00:37, Timo Sivula wrote:
> I have an onboard VT8235 soundcard that only supports 48 kHz sampling
> rate. I would like to play 44.1 kHz stufff on it and have it look like a
> 44.1 kHz device to jack. Is there a way to do this using .asoundrc? My
> .asoundrc starts like this:
<big snip>
> ALSA: cannot set period size to 128 frames for capture

That is your problem, some soundcards don't support such small buffers for
recording. Try setting a bigger buffer...

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe