[linux-audio-user] Re: [ANN] Downloadable Linux Audio Live CD ISO

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ANN] Downloadable Linux Audio Live CD ISO
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 11:13:42 EET

>the Linux Audio Live CD as published by german
>Keyboards (www.keyboards.de) is now available at
>
>ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/live-cd-9.2/SUSE-Linux-9.2-LiveCD-Audio.iso

How does it work practically? Does it re-partition the disk?
I already understood that the CD itself is used as the root disk,
but I wonder where the files are written to.

The Audio-Linux CD/DVD is a good idea. How about including a sound
and loop library to the CD so that users may start making music
immediately?

That kind of software packages are already sold to Windows,
e.g., by Magix. But using Linux and without installation procedures
would make the product much better. Suse could sell these DVDs
for 10 euros which is quite attractive price for having fun (DVD
movies are sold with that price very good).

Even I would as Linux user benefit from such CD/DVD because
I have installation problems, and I actually don't want waste
time for installation. I could use the Audio-Linux from CD/DVD
when I want make music.

Sure, one could install full Suse, but Audio-Linux CD/DVD would
be much convenient and easier to use and check out. What do you
think?

Of course, Fun-Linux could have both audio and graphics apps,
including games.

Juhana