Re: [linux-audio-user] FM7 ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] FM7 ?
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 02:56:08 EET

Brad Fuller wrote:

> For that matter, is anyone running Reaktor, Kontakt or Absynth under
> Linux? I'd love to get these working, but I don't know how. I can't
> even get Sonar working under wine.

I would not be despondent about "Not getting Sonar to work under Wine".
There were reports of like Cakewalk 9 working under wine. This is
comparable to the HAL 2000 on Space Odesy 2001!! I don't think anyone
has reported on Winhq about Sonar ever working. I too have attempted
installing on known working versions of Wine that run vst's. I think the
dxi and WDM driver stuff is one of the biggest problems.

I think the vst page over there on Dave's site reports someone getting
Kontakt and/ or Reaktor working??

R~