Re: [linux-audio-user] Audiophile 2496

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audiophile 2496
From: Dave Silvester (sly_AT_mu-sly.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 16:55:15 EET

On Tuesday 14 Dec 2004 12:45, Frode Haugsgjerd wrote:

> So envy24control -f <profile> is probably what you want.

Ahhh, here we go:

dave_AT_slynux ~ $ envy24control
invalid card type (driver is CMI8738-MC6)
dave_AT_slynux ~ $ envy24control --help
Segmentation fault
dave_AT_slynux ~ $ envy24control -f
envy24control: option requires an argument -- f
usage: envy24control [-c card#] [-D control-name] [-o num-outputs] [-i
num-inputs] [-p num-pcm-outputs] [-s num-spdif-in/outs] [-v] [-f
profiles-file] [profile name|profile id]
        -c, --card Alsa card number to control
        -D, --device control-name
        -o, --outputs Limit number of analog line outputs to display
        -i, --input Limit number of analog line inputs to display
        -p, --pcm_output Limit number of PCM outputs to display
        -s, --spdif Limit number of spdif inputs/outputs to display
        -v, --view_spdif_playback shows the spdif playback channels in
the mixer
        -f, --profiles_file use file as profiles file

So, the problem is possibly because my Alsa setup still has the motherboard
onboard sound as card 0, and my Audiophile as card 1. I only found out how
to switch that around the other day, and haven't bothered yet, although
somehow I found out I had to run "envy24control -c1" to get it to work.
Can't remember how I discovered that, but I'd certainly never got a list of
command line parameters before.

Still, seems strange that envy24control segfaults when you run it with --help,
as you can run it with any old -garbagehere and it'll output help, but if you
--usethedoubledash it causes a segfault.

Oh well, it's a very useful program in conjunction with the Audiophile
nonetheless.

~Dave

--

Dave Silvester Music Technology Junkie | Rentable Website Monkey http://www.mu-sly.co.uk | http://www.rentamonkey.com