Re: [linux-audio-user] LAU and political discussion: sayonara !

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LAU and political discussion: sayonara !
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 19:47:38 EET

Hi,

--- Paul Winkler <pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 08:52:09AM -0500, Dave
> Phillips wrote:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > This whole thread is bullshit and pointless on
> this list. If I want my
> > intelligence insulted I'll talk my neighbors, they
> think Dubya's the
> > shiznitz. I'm quitting this list as of now.
>
> +1. Bye everybody :-(

10, 09, 08...1. Guys, don't bolt. It's difficult to
invest a great deal of time and emotion into
something, have an expectation and watch a polar
phenomenon unfold. Here's my medatation for this
situation:
If my mother (LAU) has cancer, do I tell her to piss
off? No. It's precisely at this moment that she needs
me.

Despite my flawless record on this list...ah, suspend
that thought. I never said it.

pull down thy vanity
for though art a beaten dog beneath the hail
pull down, i say pull down thy vanity
for when the mind swings by a grass blade
an ant's forefoot shall save thee

Well, that's a pathetic paraphrased snippet from an
otherwise perfect poem by E.P.

Why is it a strange comfort to realize that you, my
friends, feel frustrated? It's at least partially
because it puts the stopper on my feeling unique and
isolated. I think the stake is half driven and we're
on the cusp of business as usual which around here is
awesome.

ron