RE: [linux-audio-user] TAKE ACTION - Thread on RME - additional notes

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] TAKE ACTION - Thread on RME - additional notes
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 22:45:13 EET

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 06:37, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> > Nothing like being too polite... found one problem with my system the
> > primary sound card a Creative Labs Audiology sound card had major

> Seriously though, RME has done a lot for Linux community

By doing what? Providing some pdf specs and an incomplete osx driver?
It's the driver developers we should thank for devoting their time,
energy and money. And if that in return meant say 50 sold units(i think
there's a lot more) then there's nothing to argue about. I really don't
understand why this is so hard to explain.

> At this point if you continue to be aggressive you just may do more damage
> than good.

No. If i continue to push the idea forward on these lists i just may do
more damage than good to my health.

Aggressive? I haven't even *posted* in that thread.
OTOH you really motivate me.

> That being said, I've had issues with the RME support in the past on their
> forums where my suggestions were patronized by the RME staff when it came to
> addressing a bug in their driver (even though in the end the bug was and
> arguably may still be there, haven't checked lately), and as a result I
> received rather rude responses from some of their staff members.

They are already known for this.

> Yet, their
> products are rather good and while sometimes their manners are not
> necessarily their strongest point, they certainly have helped Linux come one
> step closer to becoming a DAW powerhouse. That in itself made me look the
> other way regarding this matter and continue to support their products with
> my wallet and verbal advertisement where applicable.

You're too kind for no reason.

Marek