Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Downloadable Linux Audio Live CD ISO

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Downloadable Linux Audio Live CD ISO
From: Christoph Eckert (mchristoph.eckert_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 19:34:18 EET

> > * GUI applications could offer the possibility to set and
> > change the MIDI and audio connections from within the
> > program's interface.
>
> I don't want a million apps doing this personally...
> one app like qjackconnect should do the trick.

I understand both points of view; but for the common user,
having connectivity included in the single programs will make
it much more useful.

If it would be included, people who do not like it can still
use aconnect or even qjackctl.

There will also be people out there who argue that there's no
need of qjackctl because there are already CLI programs to do
the job ;-) .

> A lot of your requests could be handled by having
> universal support for LASH (formerly known as
> LADCCA). I for one would really love to see it more widely
> adopted.

Well, I'm (still) not that deeply involved in the linux audio
business, so I cannot tell anything about LASH.

 Thanks for your thoughts & best regards

    ce