Re: [linux-audio-user] in tune - stupid thread [WAS: Tuning Program or wav files?]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] in tune - stupid thread [WAS: Tuning Program or wav files?]
From: MarC (marc_contrib_AT_ramonvinyes.es)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 01:01:33 EET

En/na Jan Depner ha escrit:

>On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 10:55, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>

>>Fact is, it is impossible to tune an acoustic guitar
>>"perfectly"...Invariably, when you have it tuned so an open G chord
>>sounds spot on, an open A or even C will be a tad off. And the same
>>applies to the inverse of course. This all due to a general lack of
>>adjustment for intonation on acoustic axes. But to the untuned ear
>>(which I agree in sort...should be the final judge of how your axe is
>>"tuned" ) this is not really noticeble.
>>

> Feiten tuned guitars are much better, unfortunately the method is
>patented.
>
>Jan

Great. I didn't know that technique.(I googled it). If it weren't so
expensive I'd give it a try... Maybe when I get a decent job...
By the way, I found this forum
http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84&highlight=buzz+feiten
with the link
http://www.buzzfeiten.com/Articles/Guitar_Shop/guitar_shop.html
if you are lost about what is feiten tuning as I was you may take a look
at them

I would highlight */*/EricV/*
<http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/member.php?u=2> saying:/*
"After like 50 years of electric guitar and centuries of acoustic
guitars, I would say that most of us have grown used to that slight "out
of tune" effect..."
:)