Re: [linux-audio-user] Behringer ADA8000 and linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Behringer ADA8000 and linux
From: Sampo Savolainen (v2_AT_iki.fi)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 11:00:42 EET

I have an ADA8000. It is very nice. Of course the preamps are Behringer
preamps and it only supports 44.1 and 88.2. But for the price, nothing
beats it.

You need a soundcard which supports Adat in yo use the preamps and Adat
out to use the balanced outputs. For me, I don't need the outputs so I
have one Adat lightpipe feeding my RME Multiface, and the ADA is synced
via wordclock to the multiface.

The syncing is something you should look at. To change the samplerate in
the ADA you need to move a switch in the back. If you use the outputs
the ADA can sync (iirc) the the adat signal coming in.

If you look at the soundcard matrix in www.alsa-project.org you will see
all supported cards with Adat capabilities. As far as I know the RME
cards are very stable and much used and the multiface fits my setup like
a glove.

A good point with having an adat card is that if you get bored with the
ADAs preamps or win the lottery, you can get a better preamp and just
plug and play.

 Sampo

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2_AT_iki.fi>