Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] rtc based MTC generator

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] rtc based MTC generator
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 02:11:57 EET

Last Monday 20 December 2004 16:49, anahata was like:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 03:26:48PM +0000, tim hall wrote:
> > Last Monday 20 December 2004 14:02, anahata was like:
> > > Scientific pitch is based on a 1 second period: C = 1Hz.
> > > (usually expressed as C = 256Hz but that's just a different octave)
> >
> > Only If A=432Hz.
>
> Indeed! I never suggested Scientific Pitch was in tune with international
> concert pitch - it's severely flat!

Really? --new concept for me-- Scientific Pitch = A432 = Pythagorean pitch?
Hmm, well that brought up some interesting pages when I Googled for it.
I'm interested in creating music based at this pitch for a variety of reasons
- one of my major motivations for wanting to use computers for music is to
explore the realms of intonation, pitch and temperament. I shall be compiling
scala over the holidays to that end. It's all relative I guess. ;-)

Thanks for that lead.

--tim hall