Re: [linux-audio-user] in tune - stupid thread [WAS: Tuning Program or wav files?]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] in tune - stupid thread [WAS: Tuning Program or wav files?]
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 17:56:49 EET

John Check wrote:

>On Monday 20 December 2004 03:07 am, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>

>>John Anderson wrote:

>>>I read an article a while back where listening tests showed that most
>>>people prefer a slightly stretched octave. My guess though is that
>>>they'll prefer a stretched octave where the beating will correspond to
>>>their current brainwave frequency. Which when awake is normally 10 - 16
>>>Hz, IIRC. But that's just a theory right now.

>>>Heh. No matter which way one looks at the whole conundrum, there's a
>>>tradeoff to be made. I have an old nylon-string acoustic that I
>>>unfretted. Playing it isn't too hard, except for some chords. The big
>>>problem is sustain, which is well, what sustain? This fixes the sustain
>>>problem, according to the reviews I've read:
>>>
>>>http://www.vigierguitars.com/GCatalog/Gve6f.htm
>>>
>>>bye
>>>John
>>>

>>I'm still going with the "Shutup and play yer guitar" theory. If I talk
>>about my guitars they make nil noise, good, bad or otherwise. If I pick
>>one up and spank the plank...even if slightly out of tune but liveable
>>to the average yogi bar, then I'm making noise...
>>

>"Spank the plank". You crack me up Russell. How could you not put on a good
>show? If yer ever in NY, the first round is on me. You'll know if I get out
>that way, because I heckle ;)

I have not been doing regular gigs lately because life is what happens
while I plan to do stuff I luv! THink I'm going to do a New Years gig
though...and so long as a musician plays a new years gig he does not
have to relinquish the use of the secret handshake right??? :) Been
down in my base ment howling into a mic and playing my gitar out of tune
(doh) the last few days to shake the cob webs off!

My favorite line to hecklers is not an original but is effective. " I
don't come bug you at your job at Mc Donalds...leave me alone! :) If
that don't fly I simply have them exterminated!

If I am in NY you will be the first one I look up! But if the weather
is so cold I get nipples harder than glass cutters I will have to stay
in the bar. {thats my excuse and I'm STICKING to it. :) }

Cheers