Re: [linux-audio-user] Python or Perl for daily audio scripts?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Python or Perl for daily audio scripts?
From: Christian Frisson (theremin_AT_free.fr)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 18:53:08 EET

Re-,

Thanks for the fast answers!

I've already collected Perl HTML modules and will see what I can do with that. I
like the idea of diving in and having a try to find the language that will best
suit to one's feelings, but I was wondering which one would handle audio files
better. There seem to be plenty of Perl modules on the CPAN archive, including
the Audio family (and Number::SPICE I may discover later...): what about
Python? Maybe "aifc" (http://www.python.org/doc/1.5.2p2/lib/module-aifc.html)?

I suppose Perl is the closest to Matlab as also close to C/C++?

I'll document myself on Ruby too! On RubyCentral (http://www.rubycentral.com) I
guess?

Before anyone asks, let's say I've cheated a bit: I wrap an Akp to Sfz converter
inside my script:
http://www.rgcaudio.com/downloads/freeware/Akp2Sfz.zip

Cheers,
Christian