Re: [linux-audio-user] HDSPconf and sync

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] HDSPconf and sync
From: Kevin Ernste (kevinernste_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 24 2004 - 08:22:00 EET

Thanks, Fernando. I'll scan the devel lists for this discussion.

I would assume that this change of # of channels (visible with
HDSPmixer) would only mandate that the range/speed not be changed
while in operation. This might even mean shutting down JACK or other
clients at times, etc. Totally understandable.

However it should be able to change rates when a file at a new rate is
played or when JACK requests a new rate. I can force it to work now
just by adding an alias for all apps which scans the soundfilefile
header and sends the appropriate "amixer numid=11" switch before
playing or opening the file. I assume ALSA can do something similar
on its own (?).

I'm sure I oversimplifying ;)

Kevin