[linux-audio-user] different sound cards drift problem with spdif

Subject: [linux-audio-user] different sound cards drift problem with spdif
From: Stefano Cavallari (stefano_AT_cavallari.cjb.net)
Date: Sat Dec 25 2004 - 21:11:13 EET

I have two audio cards:

(integrated)
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
using driver: snd_via82xx

(PCI)
00:0c.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 07)
using driver: snd_emu10k1

I connected the two with a spdif connector because the internal one seems
to have a better ADC than emu10k1
(Sblive external Digital Out jack to Internal Spdif IN)

When I play any file on the sblive, and ONLY if I listen it on the other
card, I hear a click every 3 seconds. If I listen to the file directly
from sblice line out it's OK.

Maybe it's because of drift (of ~3hz) of the two card spdif clock. How can
I make the two card sync'ed?