Re: [linux-audio-user] hearing testing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] hearing testing
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 00:52:00 EET

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

>Is there any softaware/methodology for ... ears? :-)
>I mean testing ears hearing capabilities (frequencies, thresholds,
>masking, ...).
>
>Andrew

Why yes there is...

I sit next to my wife on the couch and she prattles away about various
subjects at a pitch I cannot hear at ALL! :) Yet frequencies similar
when playing with my music gear I can hear perfectly. A phenomenum I
call "Cloth ears" Try it! This test does not so much test your
hearing capability as it does your alignment with men the world over.

R~

:)