Re: [linux-audio-user] SB Live 24bit

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SB Live 24bit
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 20:56:01 EET

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 19:39 +0100, tommy wrote:
> unfortunatly, this card costs more than twice the money of the live 24bit :(

Well, after all that is the whole motivation for putting everything in
software, less silicon = lower prices = more profit. It kind of makes
sense, as the emu10k1 was originally designed to support HDRs and games
in the Pentium I + Windows 95 era, where computers just weren't fast
enough to do all that in software. But Linux users know how we feel
about Winhardware.

Lee