Re: [linux-audio-user] SB Live 24bit

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 20:44:05 EET

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 13:15 -0500, Nick Torenvliet wrote:
> Any suggestions as to a cheap readily available card with emu10k1 that
> will let me mess around with linux audio?

The Audigy 2 Value series should work well. You do need a recent ALSA
but the card is emu10k2 based so you get hardware mixing, DSP, wavetable
synth. It's also 24 bit, 192 Khz capable. This is not supported yet in
the Linux driver but should be soon, James Courtier-Dutton is working on
it I think.

Lee