Re: [linux-audio-user] Audio file verification

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 04:00:56 EET

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 00:57:43 +0100
mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de (Christoph Eckert) wrote:

> Hi,
>

> does anyone know a program which can verify the integrity of
> audio - especially wav - files?
>
> I have a recorded file and I was told that the file contained
> 8148 Bytes of trash data at the end.
>
> Somehow I'd like to check if this is true, and if so, I'd like
> to do some checks to know what's the reason for the damaged
> file.

The "sndfile-info" program which is part of libsndfile should
do this. On some distributions it gets put in a separate
package (ie sndfile-programs on Debian).

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"I've nothing against OO, I do have something against C++. Its a dogs
dinner. Anyone who's (tried) to read Stroustrups book on C++ like I had
the misfortune of doing knows that the man is very intelligent but has
about as much clarity of thought as Timothy Leary on a bad day."
-- NJR in comp.os.linux.development.apps