[linux-audio-user] Re: FreeWheeling live looper prerelease

From: JP Mercury <swirlee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 21:55:32 EET

Mark Knecht wrote:

> JP,
> Freewheeling looks like a lot of fun. I look forward to trying it
> out.
>
> Can it be tied into other soft synths or must it use fluidsynth?
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Thanks for your suggestion, Mark. Like all jack apps, FreeWheeling can be tied
to other apps such as softsynths. I specially integrated fluidsynth because I
wanted a quick synth and the native interface to fluidsynth doesn't yet allow
easy selecting of patches across Soundfonts.

But lately there is such a profusion of great softsynths, it would be nice to
integrate support to control them. I see generic interfaces such as patch
browsers that communicate to other apps by MIDI or LASH. Then FreeWheeling
could be used as a realtime controller environment for many linux audio apps.

I think I am heading in this direction. Please let me know if there are
specific types of control you'd like to see.

Regards,
JP Mercury