Re: [linux-audio-user] Feasibility of Crestron like Linux Based Whole House Audio System - Multisource / Multizone Capable????

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 21:15:39 EET

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 09:44 -0800, R Parker wrote:

> If multiple jack servers, then qjackctl for routing,
> and you can control routing via dumb terminals.

I don't think that's appropriate, since qjackctl is designed for a
normal GUI, while Steve wants a custom interface.
But qjackctl is not the only way, so...

> > I want to control zone / source and volume through
> > a web browser
> > application.
>
> There are audio tools that handle this already. No
> need to recreate the wheel. If you've got two Linux
> boxes; 'ssh -X' and you'll begin to get a vision.

I think you're missing the point entirely. This is a VCR-like thing, not
a geeks-only setup.

Have you seen a Crestron solution, or similar?

> I guess touch screen capabilities don't exist in any
> of the Linux Audio UIs.

"Touch screen capability" is not an attribute of an application.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/