Re: [linux-audio-user] XFS on FC2; experiences, pointers?

From: Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 19:36:55 EET

Barton Bosch:

>I'm going to be doing a fresh install of FC2 in the near future and
>am considering using an XFS data partition for music and video files.

Why not FC3?

>It seems that XFS isn't an install time option (according to Disk
>Druid). How is an XFS partition added?

At the fedora install cd boot-screen, write "linux xfs" instead
of just pressing return.

>Does anyone here have any
>experiences or pointers to share WRT XFS or XFS and FC2?

I just had a bad experience with FC3 nfs-exporting an XFS partition.
Very unstable. However, it only happens when exporting the filesystem
as nfs. I searched the web, and it seems like the bug is not in the
xfs filesystem, but somewhere else in the 2.6 kernel triggered by
the combination of xfs and nfs. (My "solution" to the problem was to use
reiserfs)

So please, don't be scared by my experience unless you are going to
nfs-export the partition. It should be a safe and stable filesystem.