[linux-audio-user] Fw: FreeWheeling 'Xlib async reply' fix

From: JP Mercury <swirlee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 20:24:24 EET

Hi,

I wanted to pass this back to linux-audio-user for anyone who is having an
issue with an Xlib error: 'Xlib async reply' when FreeWheeling starts up.

Several people have reported this. Here's a fix that seems to work:

>JP, the fix you suggested:
>
>1) In src/fweelin_core.cc, find:
>
> mlockall(MCL_CURRENT | MCL_FUTURE);
>
>Directly after, add these lines:
>
> if (!XInitThreads()) {
> printf("MAIN: ERROR: FreeWheeling requires threaded Xlib support\n");
> return 0;
> }
>
>And near the top of src/fweelin_core.cc, find:
>
> #include <sys/mman.h>
>
>Directly after, add:
>
> #include <X11/Xlib.h>
>
>seems to have worked. Haven't tried the other one, my Xlib problem is
>gone. It in fact is a very pleasant app and I think it will become a
>part of my arsenal. I am looking forward to the stereo capabilities
>:)

This fix will appear in the next prerelease.

Once again, thanks for all your tremendous feedback- already I am glad I went
the open-source route.

Best,
JP Mercury