Re: [linux-audio-user] setting loop-points

From: Tobiah <st@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 17:53:37 EET

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Tobiah wrote:
>
>> You should be able to get apt-get to find boatloads of music
>> software packages like Ardour, Jack, Smurf and DAP.
>

> Nice. A couple of questions (as I'm new to CCRMA):
>
> 1) The website specifically mentions that only redhat is supported.
> Aren't those apt-get's related to apt-get from a redhat machine?

Oh right. I guess that Debian apt gets something other than
rpm's.

> 2) If not what are the line(s) I should ad to my sources.list?

If you do ever try Redhat, this is in my sources.list:

rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 core updates
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetccrma
rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetcore

rpm-src http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt fedora/2/i386 planetccrma

That last one should have been on one line with a space after 'i386'.
If you do much music, and don't like to build from source, it may
be worth the switch.

P.S., I don't think that DAP is on CCRMA after all.

Tobiah