Re: [linux-audio-user] Common linux audio layer

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 15:16:02 EET

> You can actually get jackd to work with dmix, you just have
> to use matching ALSA parameters (default or plug:dmix or
> something device, samplerate, buffersize etc) for jack and
> run in playback-only-mode

That's exactly the reason for my question. I'd like to see
that users do not have to struggle with such things. Wouldn't
it be great if any application simply could start and play
audio without the need to set up special environments?

What about a normal user who tries out linux, sees the video
and is willing to give it a try? He'll give up and switch
back to Cubase, I fear.

 Best regards

    ce