[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plans/Roadmaps for 2005?

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 17:42:20 EET

Florian Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm writing this email, because i'm interested in what plans the
> different linux audio developers have for the year 2005 Any new
> revolutionary applications planned? Major changes to some of the
> existing apps? So let us know. What are your roadmaps for 2005? What are
> you guys up to?
>
> Where is help needed?

Hi,

Now that you ask for it, some of the stuff you mentioned is already being
integrated into qjackctl, something like your amidimon (MIDI event
monitoring). Audio meters (ppm) are also in the workshelf. These new
bloat-features are almost pretty functional on my side, but still rough in
the edges. I suspect they will be ready for release on a couple on months.
March is on ;)

Probably a too long awaited and requested feature on qjackctl has been
LASH support as an integrated session manager. Unfortunately this has been
postponed several times, mostly due to lazyness. Maybe we can bring that
back from the limbo, once again, during this year?

I'll be rather happy if we could join forces on scratching our own hitches :)

On another route, here goes my pending list, as taken from memory:
qsampler - complete and proper device management support.
qsynth - pushing it into the DSSI arena.
qjackctl - renaming the whole project into qjack (already registered on SF:)

And probably more to come, at will.

Bye now.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela