Re: [linux-audio-user] KX Audio capabilities for Linux EMU10k1 [was Plans/Roadmaps for 2005?]

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 20:00:15 EET

Rick B wrote:

> Curtis Sloan wrote:
>
>> On Fri January 7 2005 22:21, Lee Revell wrote:
>> <snip>
>>

>>> I actually got a lot more responses than I was expecting. I have been
>>> posting about this to the alsa lists for months, and no one but me and
>>> Peter Zubaj seemed to care. I think they didn't take me seriously at
>>> first, even when I posted the kX stuff, Linux users are conditioned to
>>> think these cards are junk. Windows people know better ;-)
>>>

>> Well, add me to the list of people who care. I remember vividly how
>> much I paid for the SB Live! when it first came out (first week it
>> was released; I had it ordered for my swanky new PII -- and I'm still
>> using the same box to write this e-mail (except it's a PIII now) :-)
>> It's about time I got my money's worth out of it. I found out
>> awfully quickly how brutally limited I was using the Creative
>> drivers. Sadly, I only found out about the kX drivers about 6 months
>> ago. :-( I was so disappointed and I couldn't afford audio software
>> for Windows after spending it all on hardware (oops!) that I
>> basically gave up on audio on my box. Now that I've got my hands on
>> some kickin' free audio software, and an OS to drive it reliably and
>> with better performance than ever before, I'm chomping at the bit to
>> pull out the capabilities I paid for back in the day. :-)
>>
>> So, thanks everyone for your continued efforts and development in 2005!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Curtis S.
>>

> Yeah, I guess it's time for me to break down and buy one of the
> Soundblaster cards too, because it doesn't seem that there's going to
> be any support for the Nforce2 APUs advanced sound functions. What is
> the cheapest SB card that has a reasonable amount of features?
>
> Rick B

The SBlive 5.1 (Not platinum or other but just s it reads) is available
here in USA for $19.00 as an OEM card. It has the same soundfont ability
and has 2 in and at lease 4 channels out. They are pretty much bullet
proof too! Like ...we have the neuclear holocost...the cockaroaches and
Sblive sound cards will be the only things that survive! :)

I'm gonna go buy 2 more over the 2 I have; Link 'em all together like
the "Elcheapo sound card" how to says and see if I can fly it. of course
then there will be IRQ hell to figure out but hopefully it wont matter
that much.