[linux-audio-user] multimux and generating 5.1 AC3

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 11:13:38 EET

I'm looking at this tutorial:

http://mightylegends.zapto.org/dvd/dvdauthor_howto_surround.html

When muxing all the 5.1 channels together, the author recommends to add
a 15ms delay for the rear channels. Is that correct? I thought it's the
amplifier's job to do that.
My home theater system adds a 10...12...15ms delay anyway (adjustable).
I believe, if i add another 15ms in the AC3 file, it will be too much.
What do you think?

Also, the tutorial is based on the multimux utility:

http://panteltje.com/panteltje/dvd/

Is there any other command-line tool that performs the same functions
like multimux, or is it pretty much unique?

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/