Re: [linux-audio-user] Problems with Ardour

From: Pasi Karppinen <pasi.karppinen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 01:54:25 EET

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 00:51 +0200, Pasi Karppinen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wonder if anyone else has had any problems with recent versions of
> Ardour? I'm getting '[ERROR]: state could not be saved
> to /projects/ardour/testing/testing.ardour' -errors on Ardour's log.

> This is what I get to std.err:

> error : xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant : input not UTF-8
> output conversion failed due to conv error
> I/O error : encoder error

This was probably a problem with libxml or something.

Can you imagine how it got solved? Everything seems to be working now
after I changed the keyboard (Applications->System Settings->Keyboard)
from 'Finnish (Latin 1)' to 'Finnish'. Unbelievable. I also noticed that
Ardour's fonts look a little different now. Now I can see track names,
with 'Finnish (Latin 1)' I only got empty boxes instead of letters on
track names.