[linux-audio-user] Audio interface recommendations

From: Jon B <30plxf602@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 04:37:16 EET

Sorry if this gets asked every five minutes. I'm looking for a decent
quality linux-supported interface for a laptop. Low latency is
important. Should I aim for USB or Firewire? (Or PCMCIA? Do they
even make those?) 24-bit is important. 48 kHz at least, but I guess
44.1 is acceptable. More than stereo in and out is kind of nice, but
not required. Compatibility is important. :-)

Alternatively, point me to information elsewhere. The problem is that
anything I can find online is from 2+ years ago.

Alternatively, please help fill in this list, especially ones you have
personal experience with, so people don't have to ask:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=Alsa+Preferred+Soundcards

Jon